Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Modern



















This is a project I recently art directed at the school. I collaborated with Secondary students to create a Christmas-themed art installation for the central podium area. My intention was to make something festive and seasonal without being overly gaudy. True to my recycled-material-addiction, we used cardboard boxes as the base for our Chrismas tree, painted with patterns inspired by the Christmas story (a geometric Mary & Joseph?).

The hanging cardboard "snowflakes" are my sculptural version of the paper cutout snowflakes schoolkids make in the United States. Finally, as a funky take on decorative spray snow, we created stencils with symmetrical patterns and images of children from around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment