Monday, September 14, 2009

You Make Me Lost Focus


Ok, ok... Let me explain!

These are two of my pieces from the Something to Say group exhibition a few months back.  (I should have posted them soooo long ago!) The slogans in these illos are from actual T-shirts spotted in Hong Kong!  It was a fun project to illustrate the sometimes silly, random slogans that pop up on tees, jeans and tote bags around town.  Chinglish, anyone?  

I have a whole collection of these captured phrases ... hope I can make a few more into interpretive drawings!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Emily! I was about to correct your blog title's grammar ahha. I love the random slogan.. cool idea. Have you heard of that famous japanese translation.. what's it.. 'You and your base are belong to us' or something like that. I'm loving the brown and pink, they're gorgeous together when done right and you of course know how to do it right :) Keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete