Saturday, January 18, 2014

Live Drawing at W Hong Kong

Live drawing?! Ever-so-slightly nerve-wracking, I must say. But all's well with a cocktail or two, and it went off without a hitch at the launch of the 2013 Business of Design Week Media Preview Event at W Hong Kong.  The chic hotel chain invited me to create some live illustrations of guests at their media preview party for Hong Kong's Business of Design Week, back in December.

I set up shop at their incredibly "Wow"! Presidential Suite, with palatial views of Hong Kong harbour, and a bathtub the size of a swimming pool to set the scene.

Guests meandered to the suite's bathroom and sat for their portraits, while I scribbled away to capture quick 5-minute illustrations while they waited.  It was great fun, and made me reminisce back to afternoons of live sketching back in art school - although this time, no one was in the nude!  

All in all, a fun evening.


DJ T.A.T on the decks.


Guests pose for their portraits.
A display of my work
Check out that swimming-pool-sized bathtub!


A guest drew a portrait of me! 
More after the jump!




Live drawing.
My work set up in the Presidential Suite at W Hong Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment